Junior Olympic Volleyball FAQs
What is Junior Olympic Volleyball?
· Competitive club/travel volleyball for girls and boys (usually 10-18 years old)
· Sanctioned by: USA Volleyball
· Regional Affiliation: Carolina Regional Volleyball Association (CRVA)
· Season is usually November through March
· Clubs typically run try outs in late October
· Tournament play begins in January: regional championships are end of March
· Tournament dates are set in Nov/Dec; teams submit registration for play.
· Tournament sites may not be known until a few weeks prior to a tournament.
· Divisions, tournaments, standings, and officiating are maintained by the CRVA
· Teams typically play in 4 or 5 Regional (NC) Tournaments; some teams do more.
Not all Clubs have teams in all age groups. Philosophy, expectations, practice schedule, players per team, and cost all vary per club. Listed below are Clubs where local girls and boys have played.
· Race City Volleyball Club: Mooresville, NC
· Lake Norman Volleyball Club: Huntersville, NC
· I.C. Stars Volleyball: Statesville, NC
· Sports Academy Volleyball Club: Statesville, NC
· Crossroads Volleyball: Statesville, NC
· Carolina Select Volleyball Club: Hickory, NC
· Carolina Storm: Volleyball Club: Concord, NC
· High Rock Volleyball Club: China Grove, NC
· Carolina Juniors Volleyball Club: Charlotte, NC